blog l courses l schedule & pricing l teachers l accommodation l photos
testimonials l contact us l apply online l merel’s book
Information about Parimukti Yoga School’s,
200 hours Yoga Teacher Training India
Parimukti Yoga School is dedicated to teaching yoga and meditation to every single individual who wants to explore this wonderful ancient science in-depth. We view Yoga as a holistic philosophy offering wisdom and tools to transform your life.
In our teacher training programs, we proceed from the physical body (asanas/body postures) to the energy body, and the mind. The 200hrs Basic Training (YA 200) together with the 300hrs Advanced Studies program (YA 300) is what we see as the “roots” and the “trunk” of the yoga tree.
This is what gives to you the foundational ground, connection and steadiness to become a living yogi or yogini, enabling you to explore the endless possibilities of life and your own personal path.
Yoga is a science. Teaching yoga is an art. It requires knowledge and professionalism, authenticity and creativity. Authenticity and creativity makes you’ll flow more in life. When you are liberated from your own fears, you wake up and discover your innermost truth. When you let your light shine, you give others permission to do the same.
Parimukti acknowledges and emphasizes that every student, and eventually teacher, has his or her own unique presence, energy, message and teaching style. We provide an environment for your learning and practice process, where the Yoga method will be presented and practiced in depth.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward meeting you!
Teachers Parimukti Yoga Teacher Training
Philosophy of 200hrs Parimukti Basic Teacher Training (YA 200)
This training is based on the Ashtanga Yoga path of the Patanjali Yoga Sutras and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. This foundation will give you experience and understanding of the yogic path. We follow the tradition of Krishnamacharya, which is reflected in the fact that the asana practice is mostly in the Hatha Yoga tradition. Practices like asana, breath awareness, basic pranayamas, kriyas (cleansing techniques), visualization, mantras and meditation, will be presented and practiced within the course from the very beginning. Also we will acknowledge the different bodily and mental constitutions, by giving a brief introduction to Ayurveda.In this phase you will undergo a profound realignment and purification of the physical body, experiencing already the results in your own energy and mental/emotional body. Starting from the most tangible we will proceed to the most subtle: from the physical body to the energy body, to the mind in the advanced training.
When you have accomplished this training with commitment and dedication, you will feel confident to share with others what you have learned through self-investigation and self-practice.
The curriculum presented in the Basic Training will give you a clear insight into the most relevant aspects of a Hatha yoga practice in its broader approach.
Your practice is your foundation, your real teacher. In the training, you will commit to daily practicing asana, pranayama and meditation. Your practice will integrate into your personality, will open your mind and your heart and this will bring you to higher states of awareness. What you practice, you will understand. What you understand, you will be able to teach.
- 2 – 6 hours of daily guided practice and training in asanas, pranayama, techniques and different meditations
- Since a Parimukti training is demanding and challenging physically and mentally, we find it important to have a good balance between more dynamic physical practice and classes to restore and rejuvenate (yin, yoga nidra,restorative)
Daily basic integrated pranayama practice. Including key verbal, function, benefits and contra-indications. At the end of the program you will have integrated these practices and, thus, will be able to incorporate pranayama into your teaching, as well.
- From the beginning of the course, you will be introduced to meditation in different techniques like Vipassana, Dance Meditation, Dynamic Meditations, Shamata, Buddhists meditation, etc. The used techniques change from one TTC to the other depending on each group’s interests and available teachers.
- Every individual student can choose to have a silent day/days during the course in order to tune in to listen to one’s body more deeply
- You will develop experience and understanding of what meditation is, and how the other aspects of our practice are traditionally used to prepare ourselves for moving deeper into meditation.
You will be introduced to the importance of Bhakti Yoga. You’ll learn some of the most important mantras and understand by experience how sound can positively charge oneself and the environment
- Daily alignment class: detailed instruction of 50 asana postures addressing their alignment; including Sanskrit and English names, key verbal, function, basic hands-on adjustments, benefits and contra-indications.
- All types of asana are covered: standing, standing balancing, sitting poses (forward bends and twists) forward bends, supine, backbending, core awakening, arm balance and inversions
- Throughout the course we study the functional applied anatomy of the major joints, helping you to understand and identify differences in students and corresponding needs.
We will introduce you to the subtle bodies: the yogic anatomy of chakras, nadis, kriyas, mudras, bandhas and koshas. This will help you to more fully understand the process and benefits of yoga.
- Foundational philosophy mostly based on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, with a particular focus on the 8 limbs of yoga. You will learn to understand the evolution of yoga over the ages, how to apply this in your yoga practice, in your teaching and, most importantly, in your everyday life.
- You will gain insight in the historical development of yoga from the Vedic to these modern times.
You will receive a solid foundation on the pillars of the Science of Ayurveda. Yoga and Ayurveda are like inseparable siblings. The combination of these two sciences bring forth a system of healing, for physical, mental, and spiritual health and happiness.
ART OF TEACHING
- In these classes you practise with applying what you learn in the alignment, anatomy and philosophy classes and find your way of teaching.
- When we start to teach we learn about ourselves and others and grow. Therefore, you will be asked from the very beginning to work with the other students, in groups, on teaching assignments from the very beginning. Throughout the training we will give you practical tools to build up and feel confident in teaching a class.
- During the period of the course you’ll have detailed feedback by our teachers.
- An intensive yoga teacher training is a deeply transforming experience for an individual student. Therefore, we offer in-depth guidance and equip you with many skills for the journey of discovering your own innate nature and truth.
- A great sense of community, camaraderie, friendship and a shared sense of learning and growth from studying and spending almost a month with like-minded people
- For the students with special interest: A mentor program giving personal guidance throughout the training. After the training we can help you to set up your own center and mentor you on your further growth
Rigorous 6-day (Monday-Saturday) schedule including theory and practice (Sunday day off).
A daily schedule looks like the following. The timings might slightly change depending on the particular location and weather conditions. The day is scheduled in such a way that it allows enough time for rest and self-study.
07.00 – 09.00 Pranayama & Asana
09.00 – 10.00 Healthy vegetarian breakfast
10.00 – 11.15 Applied Anatomy
11.30 – 12.30 Alignment
12.30 – 03.00 Lunch and rest
03.00 – 04.15 Philosophy
04.30 – 06.00 Asana/Art of Teaching (alternate days)
06.00 – 07.00 Meditation
07.00 – 08.00 Dinner and rest
- Preferably you have practiced yoga steadily for a minimum of 1 year with a teacher.
- If you are an absolute beginner we recommend you to join the yoga teacher training course for a longer period of time, sometimes even repeating the course at nominal cost so that you pickup a strong foundation and in depth knowledge of yoga and understanding meditation as it works for yourself. It is our understanding that you will gain a deep understanding and knowledge, and even a certificate to teach, but the true body wisdom, empathy and experience can only come from a sustained practice. A longer leisurely course will create a powerful physical, mental and spiritual transformation in yourself.
- You are willing to make a commitment of 4 weeks of studying and practicing yoga in depth.
- You have a serious interest in both practicing and teaching yoga and meditation. You might discover your love for teaching after doing this in-depth study
- You are looking for a life transforming experience and ready to work hard on self-growth
- You are interested in gaining mastery over your body, your mind and your self and are willing to pay the price in discipline, sweat, and facing your own fears
- You are willing to learn from fellow teachers and students as well as share your own wisdom
- You want to study in a small group(max 15 students per class) to get maximum feedback from every teacher and make the training a personal journey above all.
- We welcome students who are in reasonable physical health and no suffering form any major disease (no major conditions or allergies and not recovering from any serious surgeries or medical conditions
This 200 hrs Basic Training will prepare you to introduce people to the path of yoga with confidence. You’ll have a solid foundation in asana, an understanding of ‘prana’ through breath awareness and pranayama, mantras, introduction to meditation and relaxation. Most of all you’ll have an understanding of what the Yoga path really is.
Successfully graduated students are aware of their own unique presence, energy, message and teaching style.
This program is registered with the American Yoga Alliance (YA), and meets the established standards. Completing our program will allow you to register with the Yoga Alliance as a RYT-200.
You can actually go here and watch and read more of our testimonials.
Schedule & Pricing
Click on the link below to check the pricing and dates of all the upcoming courses:
If you still find yourself unable to make a decision or if you have a certain doubt or question in your mind
Write to us
and let us guide you in answering your questions
Our Locations (Click on the links below for more info)
Fill up the form below to check for available seats in the Level 1 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
To go to the booking page directly.
blog l courses l schedule & pricing l teachers l accomodation l photos
testimonials l contact us l apply online l merel’s book
[schema type=”organization” orgtype=”Organization” url=”https://www.parimukti.com” name=”Parimukti Yoga and Meditation Pvt Ltd” description=”Parimukti is an internationally acclaimed Yoga Teacher Training 200 & 300 Hrs School running Yoga alliance registered 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training, 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training and advanced Yoga Therapy Training courses in Arambol Goa ” street=” Parimukti Yoga Center, Kanira Homes, Girkarwaddo, End of Magic Park Road, Arambol, Goa 403524″ pobox=”403524″ city=”Arambol” state=”goa” postalcode=”403524″ country=”IN” email=”firstname.lastname@example.org” phone=”+919637521278″ ]