blog l courses l schedule & pricing l teachers l accomodation l photos
testimonials l contact us l apply online l merel’s book
The Parimukti Online Academy is a place for yoga practitioners and teachers that want to raise their own practice and teaching to the next level. Also, this platform is interesting for body workers such as masseuses and dancers, that want to increase an understanding of the effect of yogic practises like yoga postures, breathing exercises and meditation.
It is a place where each individual can deepen his/her yogic knowledge and obtain practical skills to keep their practice and teachings fresh and inspired.
Currently we offer the following course:
10 WEEK ONLINE PROGRAM ‘APPLIED ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY’ (30 hours)
with Merel Martens: Yoga Therapist, Public Health Scientist and former Medical student
This is a 10 week online program consisting videos, question and answer sessions and self-study focused on:
Physical Anatomy & Physiology
In this program you’ll deepen your understanding of the muscular skeletal system. The physiology of the major bodily systems: the respiratory tract, the cardiovascular system, the endocrine system, the digestive tract and the nervous system will be explored in depth. To deepen your understanding different teaching tools are being used: e.g. skeleton, projector with 3-D images, and live models. Also, practical tips on how to integrate knowledge of anatomy and physiology in yoga classes and therapy sessions are included.
After completing the Applied Anatomy & Physiology program you will
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the skeletal system and you can name all the major bones
- Know the most important muscles that move joints. You know where the muscles start and end.
- Have an understanding of other tissues in the body like tendons, ligaments and fascia and why and how we keep them healthy
- Understand how to both contract and stretch the same muscle. You can give different poses and suggestions to different students, depending on their individual posture.
- You’ll have the ability to determine which particular muscle needs strengthening and which muscle needs stretching by looking at an individual in a (yoga) pose
- Have the ability to suggest different adjustments for different students.
- Understand the importance of diet in relation to physical, mental, and spiritual health and why we avoid certain foods
- Have a deep understanding of the brain, the rest of the nervous system and the effect of yogic practices such as asana, breathing and meditation
- A deep knowledge of modern diseases like diabetes, slipped disc and lower back pain, stress and burn out, heart and vessel diseases, coeliakie and irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety, fears and panic attacks and through which pathways yoga works to both relieve and prevent them
- Solid foundation in the understanding of breathing, how it effects the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system and gives a sense of calmness and happiness
The cost of the complete course is €850.
Who is the Applied Anatomy & Physiology for Yoga Teachers Immersion suited for?
The course is suited for the following individuals:
- Dedicated yoga teachers that want to raise their teaching to the next level by practically integrating knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Serious yoga practitioners that want to deepen their experience by understanding the effect of their practice on the anatomy and physiology of their bodies
- Body workers such as masseuses, dancers, that use yoga poses, breathing and meditation in their work and that want to increase the effectiveness of that by understanding the effect of those practices
- Individuals that can commit themselves to a 10 day full time program or a 10 week online program and that are dedicated to do self study
Merel is an experienced yoga instructor, public health scientist and former medical student. She is the founder of Parimukti, a yoga school dedicated to teaching yoga and meditation to every individual that wants to seriously study and practice to bring about life transformation.
The cost of the complete course is €850. But if you are really keen to learn and cannot afford the full tuition, write to us and let us know about your situation.
Please fill the form below to know of the commencement dates of the next course and to reserve your seat.